Monday, July 18, 2011

Nothing exciting happening today, which is always a good thing.  Weather is clear and warm at last, after weeks of chilly fog and wind.  This weekend's workshop, the first since I was given responsibility for managing our in-house events, went even better than expected, with extra guests arriving Saturday to sign up at the door, and everyone raving about the activities in their evaluations.  Whew!

I finally caught up on the sleep I missed Thursday night when I took the girls to the 12:10am opening of Deathly Hallows Pt. 2.  Yes it is worth seeing, if you've read the books, or at least the first 3.  If you haven't there are a lot of references you won't get.  Also, if at all possible see it in 3-D, there were several effects that I could tell would be spectacular.

Oldest daughter, now known as Pepper, dressed as Beletrix, and middle daughter Gabby was a younger version of Hermione: school uniform with a Griffendor tie.  There were fewer costumed moviegoers than I expected, but still at least 25% of the audience.

It looks like that may be the most interesting event of the summer, at least I hope so.  I don't know where the time is going, but we are already half-way through.  Now, THAT'S exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment