Friday, September 21, 2012

I Miss You

I noticed that one of my contacts at my favorite social networking site disappeared overnight.  Because of something she posted yesterday, I suspect she deleted her account. I realize this is the nature of our virtual society: we now have acquaintences, neighbors, and friends in distant locations, who we may meet in person. Some of them disappear.

Then we have traditional relationships, founded on physical presence at least initially.  People we meet, speak with, spend time with in the same physical space. Their departures are generally less sudden and unexpected.

All endings stir a sense of sorrow and loss somewhere within me. Sometimes I feel personally rejected and wonder what I did or am that generates such a response.  In my older age I more often simply mourn the loss and say a prayer that they will find good things in life even when I won't know about it.

I am going to miss my friend. I will notice the absence of her particular tone of comment and feedback, and I will be reminded of her every morning when I check the weather in her city (a town I'd like to live in myself).

(wave)

To anyone I've lost track of - I wish you well!

No comments:

Post a Comment