Friday, December 17, 2010

Catching up I

Working backwards to bring the audience forward, first entry.

Two weeks ago was Independence Day - my last check from Cengage.  As I read it, the terms of my exit contract have been satisfied, and we are now officially separated.

Actually, I'm not particularly interested in bashing my former employer.  I spoke the truth when I told my staff that my lay-off was a good thing.  I enjoyed summer vacation with Rob and the girls, and had some time to myself at home once school started again.  I had time, and the resources available, to think about what I really want to do, and the good fortune to start a new career almost as soon as I began looking.

I have no idea what the career will be, though.  I am now an operations assistant at a Catholic retreat center.  If I had known enough about this particular job, it would have been exactly what I described as my desired position.  I hope here to explain why, over time, and how things all happened, starting a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment