Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Reality check

"What's real?"  This question runs through my mind all the time, especially in the mornings before the doings of the day have captured my attention. It hits me hard or whispers gently, drifts through the back of my thoughts, passes in front of my vision as I look around at the world.

This morning it washed over me while the guests were in breakfast.  I took a call for Fr. R- that his brother had suffered a stroke and was on the way to the hospital.  I delivered the message, stayed a moment to answer his questions about the call, then returned to the front desk. A few minutes later Father R- and another priest passed through the lobby:

"Do you have your oils?"

"Yes, they're in the car."

And the quick thought rolled through my mind, "THAT is real."

No comments:

Post a Comment