Wednesday, June 16, 2010

two plus weeks and counting down

I'm still sick, the doctor says it's just a cold. At least last night I had half a night's sleep.

My work email has dried up almost completely as people learn to go to others for much of their answers. But one manager asked me to run a report and analyze the data, and my mind jumped at the thought. I really enjoy finding the common patterns in large batches of data. I will be sure to ask the out-counseling service how I can do of that.

It's hardest to say goodbye to the people I've worked with and around for so many years. People don't go into publishing to make money, it doesn't pay at all. The reasons go way back, but the result is that people in publishing are there because they love it, in some ways it's a vocation. Working with people who have passion about what they do has been very sustaining over the years. I shall have to look into similar fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment