Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What a time to get sick!

Over the weekend I caught hold of the cough that first Gabby, then Teresa, brought home. Perhaps because I have NOT been exposed to it for the past six months as they have while it made the rounds of the class, I have been grabbed by the heels and tossed on my head. I think I spent the past 36 hours lying on one part of the bed, rolling from one side to the other and coughing.

Fortunately I had already booked the time off so was already officially offline. The kids finished school yesterday, and Rob won't be done until he cleans up his lab Friday, so we had to plan the coverage. Let me say here for all to read: our girls are wonderfully mature and capable! Today they managed their own food and entertainment, broke ranks when necessary to maintain the common peace, and generally allowed me to remain in my prone position, my only responsibilities to cough and at times roll over to prevent bed sores.

Interestingly, my compatriots at work are managing as well, though they habitually cc me on their messages. I am pleased to see that things are generally moving smoothly, which bodes well for my poor successors.

No comments:

Post a Comment